QuickBooks is an accounting software known for its reliable payroll service that helps employers withhold tax amounts from employee paychecks and maintain records for official use. The software also helps in creating tax forms and submitting them to the federal government at the end of the financial year. QuickBooks Error 15271 may randomly appear during the installation of payroll service updates and stop the process. If the payroll update also fails due to this error, keep reading the blog to understand its causes and the exact methods to fix it.
Fix the error quickly with the help of a QB support team available at 1.855.738.2784.
QuickBooks develops this error while downloading or installing a new Payroll Service update. The conditions that potentially lead you to this issue are mentioned below-
- QuickBooks is not installed correctly on your computer and may not work due to damaged or missing program files.
- Your QuickBooks Payroll service subscription has expired and you cannot use the payroll features until the service is renewed.
- The QuickBooks version is out of date due to missed updates, which may cause compatibility issues.
You can also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15241
Your financial data remains intact due to this error, so you should be stress free about it. The correct approach to deal with this payroll error in your QuickBooks is mentioned below-
Method- Make sure your payroll subscription is active and install the latest software updates
You may encounter this error if your subscription to the payroll service is not active. This can happen due to billing issues or a missed renewal date. The Intuit servers fail to recognize you as an authorized user, and the payroll update ends immediately. However, the problem can also develop if the software is outdated and generates incompatibilities when integrating with Windows Installer or other programs. You should start by checking your payroll subscription and then installing the latest software updates. Use these steps –
- Open your company file in QuickBooks and click on the Employees menu.
- Click My Payroll Service and then Account/Billing Information.
- Use your Intuit account login details to open your QuickBooks account page.
- Check that your service name is correct and its status is enabled.
- If you see Canceled next to the service name, click the Re-Register option below it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to re-enable the Payroll service in QuickBooks.
After verifying that your payroll subscription is activated, you should install the latest software update to prevent minor technical glitches. Refer these steps –
- Open the File menu in QuickBooks and click Utilities.
- Select Stop waiting for multi-user access.
- Click the Help menu and tap Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Update Now tab and select the Rollback update check box.
- Select the Check All checkbox to also download payroll updates.
- Click Get updates after reviewing everything and let the update download.
- Reopen QuickBooks and follow the on-screen instructions to install the updates.
Try installing payroll updates after your QuickBooks is updated to the latest version released.
This blog contains the necessary details of QuickBooks Error 15271, including the reasons for completing the payroll update. The QB recommended procedure to fix the error is also discussed in the blog and you are expected to apply it for downloading payroll updates to your QuickBooks without any problem.
Talk to a QB support representative for clarification on any remaining questions 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended reading: How to solve The QBCFMonitor service is not running on this computer