QuickBooks offers a subscription-based payroll service that helps users send employee paychecks on time after deducting the taxable amount. The software also helps in the automated calculation of federal taxes and creates tax forms to file the tax at the end of the financial year. Despite this, the software remains at risk of developing unexpected problems during operation. QuickBooks Error 557 blocks payroll updates and causes the software to crash. If you encounter this payroll problem in your QuickBooks, read this blog to find the triggers that cause this error and methods to correct it from your system.
Talk to a QB support team at +1-855-948-3646 to quickly eliminate this error from your QuickBooks.
The reasons why this error occurs and stops the payroll service from updating are described below-
- You have an outdated version of your QuickBooks product that is not compatible with your Windows.
- QuickBooks can also develop this runtime error if it becomes damaged internally due to missing or corrupt program files.
- You have disabled the QuickBooks File Backup Service on your Windows.
The solutions available to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error are mentioned below-
Read More:- How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 1076
Solution 1- Download and install the latest QB update on your computer
QuickBooks Payroll updates will stop immediately when the software develops a problem due to its outdated version while integrating with web services. A software update is essential to fix existing bugs and add new features to the software. QuickBooks should also be constantly updated with any new updates released by the development team. This helps to improve software compatibility with new hardware and software versions. Use the following steps to install the latest updates in QuickBooks-
- Open QuickBooks on your computer and click file
- Hit Municipal services in options and select Stop waiting for multi-user access to use single-user mode.
- go to Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- below Update Now tab, just click on Roll back the update option to delete previously downloaded updates.
- Click Get updates and wait patiently until the payroll update package is downloaded.
- Restart the software and follow the instructions provided by the software to install the latest QuickBooks update.
- Try downloading the payroll updates again after the software is fully updated.
Go to the next solution if the payroll error appears again in your QuickBooks.
Solution 2- Use the QuickBooks Tool Center to repair internal problems in the software
QuickBooks can occasionally be affected by internal problems due to improper installation or corruption in the program’s files. You should use QB Tool Hub to diagnose problems and fix them automatically. Download the latest version of QB tool center from the official site and proceed with the below steps-
- Run QuickBooks Tool Center on your device and click Program problems.
- touch Fix my program quickly in the drop-down list and wait for some time.
- Relaunch QuickBooks after the tool stops working and download the payroll updates again.
The issues will be fixed and the payroll update will be successful after applying the methods.
You read about possible triggers for QuickBooks Error 557 on this blog. Adequate troubleshooting methods are also present in the blog, which we hope you can use to eliminate problems while updating QuickBooks payroll on your computer. Talk directly to a QB professional if you face problems using the methods.
Related Article:- Easy way to fix Unable to start Intuit Update service error