Alamo Drafthouse Cinema unveiled menu updates Friday, including brand new items, expanded vegetarian and vegan options, a revamped beer and cocktail program and numerous limited-time options for the summer movie season.
New and returning menu items include:
- Hot Chili Cheeseburger, Bell Pepper Mayonnaise, Caramelized Onions, Blue Cheese and Garlic Aioli
- Wings with three sauces to choose from: buffalo, Really Hot Reaper and sweet gochujang
- Brussels Sprouts, Ham and Goat Cheese Pizza, with Caramelized Onions and Truffle Parmesan
- Alamo Bowl: a vegan option with brown rice, quinoa, baby arugula, roasted sweet potato, black beans, cherry tomatoes, avocado, roasted pecans and serrano-lime dressing
- Fried pickled lentils
In addition to the permanent menu changes, Alamo Drafthouse has also added some new limited-time offers:
- Spicy Farmhouse Popcorn
- Golden wings with tangy gold sauce, blue cheese sauce and celery
- Avocado chicken salad sandwich with spinach, grilled tomato, pickled red onion, celery and avocado-lime dressing on a toasted ciabatta bun
- To Serve & To Fizz Shake with vanilla ice cream mixed with strawberries and pineapple, topped with whipped cream and hot honey
Alamo Drafthouse has also added some limited-time menu options tied to special movies.
Two drinks are inspired by July Barbie and it will appear in a separate menu with a topic for selection Barbie the event shows:
- Dream Summer ’59, a non-alcoholic ball of strawberry, lemon and ginger
- Dream Wine ’80, the same drink but with Tito’s handmade vodka
Five menu items inspired by June Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinyavailable at Alamo Drafthouse screenings through July 26:
- The Henry Dog: hot dog wrapped in bacon, spicy carrot relish, lemon garlic aioli, fresh cucumber and pickled jalapeno on a buttered bun
- BBQ Pork Pizza: Smoked pulled pork, BBQ sauce, mozzarella, roasted corn, cherry tomatoes, red and green onions on a scratch-made thin crust.
- Whip at a Gun Fight Shake: vanilla ice cream, orange, toasted coconut, whipped cream and orange peel
- Gem of Ra Cocktail: Exotico Blanco Tequila, Liber & Co. Grenadine, apple juice and lemon-lime soda topped with a cherry
- Non-Alcoholic Monkey Brain Punch: Liber & Co Grenadine, apple juice and lemon-lime soda topped with a cherry
“Our dining experience has always gone hand-in-hand with our movie theater experience,” Alamo Drafthouse Director of Cinema Food and Beverage Trish Eichelberger said in a press release. “We’re just as excited as our guests to see the original fried pickles back on the menu, and we always want to be as inclusive as possible, so we’re really proud of our expanded vegan and vegetarian options. “
Alamo Drafthouse is also planning a special trailer detailing what went on behind the scenes to bring “Invasion of the Mega Menu” to theaters, with a teaser video available to watch now: