QuickBooks Error 600, 80 is a standard error that appears when accessing the company file or when installing the application. Apart from this, there are other reasons which include the installation of Windows Software package.
Firewall configuration, incorrect file permissions or Internet settings in Windows can give you the following errors when opening company files in Windows:
- -6000, -80.
- -6000, -77.
- -6176, 0.
- Server busy.
- If you can’t open the file you provided, check if it’s in use by another application or if it’s marked as read-only. a “The system cannot find the specified pathThe problem message was displayed in Windows.
Error QB 6000, 82 there is more than one solution. There is a chance that the first solution may fix the error, or you may have to try them all to solve the problem.
In case you are in a hurry or want to save time and energy with a quick solution, contact our experts by calling us at1.855.738.2784.
Solution 1: Open the file again
The first time you try to open a company file, you only encounter these problems; subsequent attempts to access the file are successful.
You can also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1618
Solution 2: Use the latest version of QuickBooks
Update your QuickBooks to the latest version.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks as Administrator
- Close QuickBooks.
- Right-click the QuickBooks > icon Run as Administrator.
- Try opening the company file again.
Solution 4: Adjust the UAC setting.
- Close the QuickBooks application.
- Start by clicking on the Windows logo and search User account control.
- Continue with the step SETTINGS > Change user account control settings.
- Consider the current setting, then drag the slider to Always notify placement.
Solution 5: Disable the file from Read Only option.
- Locate the file in Windows Explorer and right-click the company file (.QBW).
- IN general tab, make sure that Read only is not controlled. If it is selected, select the check box and click on OK.
- Now, open the file again.
Continue with Solution 6, in case the QB 6000, 80 error persists.
Solution 6: Configure Internet Explorer settings as required
- open Internet Explorer and select gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Internet Options and switch to Advanced tab.
- Take your cursor to the Security section and make sure to check the following options.
- Use SSL 2.0
- Use SSL 3.0
- Use TLS 1.0
In case this solution didn’t work for your QB 6000 – 80 error, try solution 7.
Solution 7: Log in as a Windows administrator
- Select COMMENCEMENT or the Windows icon in the lower left corner, and then click on Get out.
- Select the administrator account and enter the password (if any).
- Now, open the company file.
We hope that QuickBooks Error 6000, 80 is now resolved with any of the above solutions. In case you encountered any difficulty in resolving the error, contact our QuickBooks experts by calling us at 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended reading: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks that are unable to email invoices