Many small firms use QuickBooks, a reliable, global accounting program. Handling finances, keeping sales records and managing employee funds, among others, helps with all the crucial day-to-day responsibilities of a business. There are several variations of QuickBooks, including QuickBooks Online Plus or Premier and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. One variation works better than the other for a specific enterprise. This article is for you if you want to convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop. To make your move from QuickBooks Online to Desktop as smooth as possible, we’ve given you step-by-step instructions in this blog post on how to do it.
Need help converting QuickBooks Online to Desktop? Contact us at 1.855.738.2784 to get in touch with one of our QuickBooks specialists.
How to convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop version?
To export and convert your QuickBooks Online data to Desktop, follow these steps:-
1. For the migration tool to download, log in to QuickBooks Online.
After downloading QuickBooks Desktop, complete these steps:-
- Use your Intuit login information to access QuickBooks Online in a web browser.
- Replace qbo data export in qbdt with whatever follows /app/ in the URL and then press Enter.
- The Export Summary window will appear; read it, then select Get Started.
- To download the QuickBooks Desktop migration tool, select Download Tool as the primary action.
- Install it when the download is complete, then select Next.
- After reviewing the terms of the license agreement, click Accept, then select Next.
- Select the Complete option as the setup type, and then click Next.
- Finally, select the Finish option after selecting Install.
You can also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 12007
2. In QuickBooks Online, select and prepare the data for export.
Prepare data for export with these steps:-
- You will see the Prepare to Export to QuickBooks Online window. Click Continue.
- Select the data file you want to export and finally select Continue.
- You will observe an option to learn about limitations in data conversion for QuickBooks Desktop. Read on to learn what you can and can’t export. Select Continue.
- Enter your name and email address for the migration confirmation email contact. Select Continue.
- Wait for the email confirmation before closing the email confirmation window.
- Select Continue when you are on the Prepare for Export page. On the Prepare for Export screen that appears, click Continue.
- Repeat the identical selections you made earlier on the Select Data page. Select Continue.
- On the Export from QuickBooks Online screen, select Continue Download.
- Click Continue after selecting Download QBXML file.
- Make sure QuickBooks Desktop is open on the No Company Open screen. If you have an open company, select Close Company under File.
Finally, use the QuickBooks Desktop Migration tool to import the downloaded QBXML file into QuickBooks Desktop.
This is how you can efficiently Convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop. We advise you to analyze your requirements for QuickBooks so that you can make a choice between its different versions. If you still have problems during the conversion, you can get technical help from our QuickBooks experts by calling us at 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended reading: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 15271
Source URL: https://issuu.com/markwilliam8506/docs/a_quick_and_easy_guide_to_convert_quickbooks_onlin