If you are a regular user of QuickBooks, then you might have encountered problems with the multi-user mode; if not, then don’t worry! In this article, we will discuss solutions for company file access issues due to hosting settings. This scenario causes the QuickBooks error H202 to appear on the screen and can mainly occur due to an incorrect hosting configuration on the server computer and workstations. You can effectively resolve QuickBooks error code H202 using the detailed solutions given below.
If you are unable to complete the steps or eliminate the error message yourself, you can contact us at 1-855-856-0042 to get immediate assistance from our team of QB technicians.
QuickBooks Error Message H202: Possible Causes and Scenarios
You may get QuickBooks Desktop error H202 due to below mentioned common causes and reasons –
- Your server computer is not set to correctly host the company file on the network, and QuickBooks may not be installed on the device.
- Host settings on workstations are configured incorrectly, which leads to problems when accessing the QBW file in a multi-user mode.
- The company file you are trying to access is damaged, corrupt, or stored in the wrong file location.
- Your QB Database Server Manager service is not running, or the service may be unresponsive, shutdown, or missing.
Recommended Read: I’m Getting QuickBooks Error 1618
How to get rid of QuickBooks multi-user error H202 with related solutions?
QuickBooks H202 company file error can be easily resolved using the simple methods given below –
Method 1 – Modify the ND file extension to recreate the file and correct the corruption
You need to make sure that the network data file is working properly in order to access QBW files without errors.
- Open QuickBooks File Directory to locate files with the ND extension and right-click one of the files to select the Rename option.
- Now, add OLD to the end of the file name and press Enter, followed by using the same steps to rename all the ND files and reworking QuickBooks to host the company file in a multi-user mode.
Method 2 – Reconfigure the standby configuration on the devices by going to the services menu
You can address the QB error code H202 by reconfiguring the hosting settings in the following manner –
- Open the server PC and access the QuickBooks Help menu to select the Host Multi-User Access option from the Utilities tab, followed by Quit QB.
- Now, open QuickBooks on one of the workstations and select the Stop Hosting Multi-user Access option from the Utilities drop-down to ensure that hosting mode is disabled on the workstations, followed by re-accessing QB to check the status of H202 error message.
QuickBooks Error H202 can be reliably refuted using the simple methods provided in this blog above. If the error message remains unresolved, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 to get direct help from our QB professionals.
You can also read: Why My QuickBooks Subscription Has Expired