Do you need a license to sell vapes in New York?
To sell vape in New York, you need a vape license. This is because vapes are considered tobacco products and the state regulates the sale of tobacco products. The authority to issue licenses for the sale of tobacco products rests with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance (NYSDTF).
Criteria to apply for Vape license
You must meet the following criteria to qualify for a license:
- At least 21 years of age required.
- Your local government business license must be current.
- You must operate a business in New York State.
- You must agree to comply with all rules and laws relating to the sale of tobacco products.
You can be fined up to $1,000 if you are found selling tobacco products without a license. In addition, you may be told to stop selling tobacco products and your stock may be seized.
Visit the NYSDTF website for more information on how to apply for a license to sell tobacco products.
Laws and Regulations
Selling vapes in New York is subject to a number of laws and regulations in addition to licensing requirements. These rules and laws are intended to protect the health of the general public and children.
The main laws and regulations governing the sale of e-cigarettes in New York include the following:
- Minors cannot purchase vapa.
- Schools and other places with minors present are prohibited from selling vapa.
- Advertising for vapes is not allowed to attract children.
- Vending machines are not allowed to sell vapa.
- The sale of vaporizers is also subject to specific regulations by the New York State Department of Health.
- Vapors must be sold in child-resistant packaging.
- The health concerns of vaping should be disclosed on the vaping package.
- A health warning that vaping can be addictive should be included on vaping packaging.
Before you start selling vapa in New York, it is essential to understand the rules and legislation that apply to this industry. You can help protect the health of the general public and children by obeying these laws and regulations.
How to Apply for a Vape License
- Application for a base Vape License: Certificates and Completed Documentation
- Application Confirmation Number (ACN) OR Sales Tax Identification Number (STIN)
- Certificate of registration with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, dealer of vapor products
- Proof of a business address
- Proof of residential address and, if applicable, a confirmation of authority to act
- License Fee
|License period: 2 years
Expiration date: November 30
License fee: $200 for a full 2 years
|If you submit your application between these dates:||You will pay:||Your license will expire:|
|From December 1 to December 31 in an odd year||200 dollars||November 30 of odd years
(next year odd)
|From January 1 to May 31 in an even year||200 dollars||November 30 of odd years|
|From June 1 to November 30 in an even year||150 dollars||November 30 of odd years|
|From December 1 to December 31 in an even year||200 dollars||November 30 of Even
|From January 1 to May 31 in an odd year||200 dollars||November 30 of Even|
|From June 1 to November 30 in an odd year||150 dollars||November 30 of Even|