QuickBooks offers a payroll service that helps employers maintain their employee records and issue their wages accurately. But users sometimes come across QuickBooks Error 15276 while trying to download the latest updates for the payroll service. If you also encounter this error while updating your payroll service, continue reading to learn about the conditions that provoke this problem and techniques to eliminate it.
Let a QB support team fix the problem by reaching them at +1 855-948-3646.
QuickBooks is having trouble updating payroll if the following conditions appear on your computer-
- Your network connection does not provide the adequate Internet speed required for QuickBooks to run smoothly.
- QuickBooks is infected with internal bugs due to an incorrect installation on your computer.
- Windows Firewall settings prevent QuickBooks from accessing the Internet or installing the Payroll Update Package.
You may also want to read:- Why QBCFMonitor service is not running on this computer
Follow these methods to get rid of this payroll error in your QuickBooks-
Solution 1- Add specific ports for QuickBooks in Windows Firewall Settings
Payroll Update will not start or will crash in the middle if the Windows firewall restricts QuickBooks from using the Internet or accessing the update package to install it. You will see an error code on the screen whenever the software fails to perform its functions and the payroll update process will terminate. You can solve the problem by setting some ports for QuickBooks in Windows Firewall settings. Refer these steps –
- Go to the search bar on your taskbar and type ‘Windows firewall’.
- open Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Click on Introductory rules option and select New rule IN OPERATIONS on the right side of the same window.
- touch harborand then
- In ‘Does this rule apply to TCP OR UDP‘ option, click on
- Click on Specific local ports Optionaland check the list below to find out the ports required by your QuickBooks-
QuickBooks Desktop 2017:8019, 56727, 55373-55377
QuickBooks Desktop 2018:8019,56728,55378-55382
QuickBooks Desktop 2019:8019, XXXX
QuickBooks Desktop 2020 and latest:8019, XXXX.
- Click Nextafter selecting the ports.
- touch Allow the connectionand then click
- Create a rule with a new name.
- Click Wrapped
Now, choose External rules instead of Introductory rules in step 3 and repeat all steps
Try updating the payroll in your QuickBooks and try the next method if the error appears again.
Solution 2- Use QuickBooks Tool hub to fix the software
This problem can also develop due to corrupted software files that cause a malfunction. QB Tool Hub can help you fix the problem, but your computer must have its latest version installed. Use these steps –
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Center on your computer.
- Click on Program problems and then select Quick fix of my programfrom the options.
- Allow the process to complete and then reopen your QuickBooks.
After applying these methods, none of the issues will bother you during payroll updates.
You have now reached the end of this blog, giving reasons for QuickBooks error 15276 to develop and stop updating payroll. Some simple and effective workarounds are also on the blog which you can use to avoid payroll update failure.
Contact a QB expert at +1 855-948-3646 if the methods are inappropriate to apply.
Also Read:- How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15106