Error code 6144 is one of the most frequently encountered errors while using QuickBooks Desktop software. This error is usually encountered when you are trying to open your company file. This error is quite annoying for the users as it prevents QB Desktop from running smoothly, which directly results in unwanted lags. QuickBooks Error Code 6144 is a runtime error that occurs without warning and can appear on the screen at any time while QB Desktop is running.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6144?
Many factors can lead to QB error code 6144. Some main reasons that can trigger this error include:
- Server network problems.
- Essential files associated with QuickBooks and Windows operating system files are getting corrupted.
- Accidental deletion of Windows registry files.
- Unsuccessful/incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
How to fix QuickBooks error code 6144?
Now that we know the causative factors and associated symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144, 82, it would be easier to understand the entire process of fixing the same. Here, we will provide some of the tried and tested solutions to remove this error from your program.
Method 1: Repair the QuickBooks desktop
To ensure that QB Desktop on your system is updated to the latest version, you should visit the steps listed below:
- Navigate to the dashboard via ‘Start’
- Go to ‘Programs and features’ and select ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ software from the list. Click on ‘Uninstall a program’.
- Click on ‘repair’.
- Wait for the repair process to complete. Once done, restart QuickBooks Desktop and check if the error is resolved.
Method 2: Update the Security software
Sometimes, QuickBooks Error Code 6144 it can be caused due to a virus infection that causes a runtime error to appear on the computer immediately. In such cases, make sure you have an up-to-date antivirus program installed on your system. Additionally, make sure you have made the necessary updates through Windows Update.
Method 3: Reinstall the Runtime Libraries
Error code 6144 can be encountered due to corrupted files associated with Runtime Libraries. It is highly recommended that you uninstall and reinstall the latest Runtime Libraries by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Control Panel select ‘Programs and features’
- Search for ‘Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package’ and select in ‘Install it
- Wait for the uninstall process to finish.
- Once done, restart your computer, download and install the latest Runtime Libraries. This should fix error code 6144 in QuickBooks.
Method 4: Run the QuickBooks Tool Center
To use QuickBooks Tools Hub to fix this error, follow the instructions given in the next few lines:
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Center.
- After installing QuickBooks Tool Hub, run it.
- Navigate to ‘Program problems tab and click on ‘Quick Fix My Program’
- The process may take some time.
- Once done, open the company file and check if the error is resolved.
Method 5: Runtime error related to Internet Explorer
If error code 6144 is due to problems related to Internet Explorer, you can comply with the following steps:
Reset your browser.
- Navigate to ‘control panel’and select ‘Internet Options’.
- Go to ‘advanced’ ENTRY
- Click on ‘restore’
Make sure script debugging is disabled
- From the control panel, navigate to ‘Internet Options’ window
- Go to ‘advanced’ tab and search for ‘Disable script debugging’.
- Make sure you have checked the radio button.
- You should also remove the check marks from the ‘Display a notification for any script errors’
- Click on ‘applyfollowed by ‘OK’.
- Restart your computer.
Method 6: Renaming .ND and .TLG files
Sometimes, renaming the .ND and .TLG files can help resolve QB error code 6144. You are prompted to add a suffix ‘.OLD’ towards the end of the file name.
- To rename .ND and .TLG files, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open QB Desktop and press ‘F2‘ The cell.
- in ‘File Information’ section, check the location of the company file and access the folder containing your company file.
- Now, you are prompted to find the files with the same name as your company file but with the extensions ‘.ND’ AND ‘.TLG’.
- Right click on these files and click on ‘rename it.
- Add the suffix ‘.Old’ with the file name.
We hope that the steps listed in this article have helped you in this regard fix QuickBooks error 6144. If the error persists, you can contact our QuickBooks Desktop Error Support team at 1-800-615-2347.