QuickBooks Desktop has been adopted by thousands of companies in many global industry sectors for their various accounting and bookkeeping requirements. The tremendous benefits offered by this software are behind its growing popularity.
However, many unexpected technical issues can appear within this software and one of the common issues that bother users is the “QuickBooks has stopped working” problem. In this frustrating technical glitch, users are unsuccessful in opening their QB application despite several attempts and even if they get the QB window; they are restricted from performing any task as the screen remains frozen.
Here is an authentic analysis of this issue, along with various troubleshooting methods.
Are you constantly worried because of the “QuickBooks has stopped working” problem? You can call 1.855.738.2784 to contact our team of QB experts.
Possible causes behind the issue “QB Desktop does not open”
The various technical reasons that are responsible for the “QB Desktop not opening” problem are detailed here:
- Invalid name fixed in the company file and a wrong configuration of ‘QB program configuration’ can trigger this problem.
- Not ensuring the correct installation of QB Desktop on the user’s system can effectively cause this error.
You can also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1722
What are the fully verified methods to handle QuickBooks Desktop Cannot Open problem?
The appropriate methods required to eliminate the ‘QuickBooks Desktop cannot be opened’ problem are detailed here:
Method 1: Run valid ‘My program’s quick recovery’ correctly to eliminate this problem
- Here, the first requirement is to simply go to Intuit’s official website through any web browser and then the next task is to properly download the recently released edition of ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’ on the computer.
- Only after that, you will simply need to save the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file inside any suitable folder and then running this file will allow you to successfully install ‘QB Tool Hub’.
- After that, you can just go ahead to open the QB Tool Hub window and then you will use the Quick Fix my Program given inside the Program Problems menu.
- Then, effectively terminate the execution and then reliably launch the QB application to complete all your necessary tasks.
Method 2: Accurately remove any installation errors via “QB Installation Diagnostic Tool” on the system
- Like the previous method, open the ‘QB Tool Hub’ and then easily switch to the ‘Installation Issues’ menu to quickly run the ‘Quick Installation Diagnostic Tools’ via its icon.
- After removing all the installation errors, you can simply reboot your system to successfully launch the QB Desktop application through the proper process.
Also Read: QuickBooks Database Server Manager has stopped working
Method 3: Effectively provide a completely new name for the ‘QBWUSER.INI’ file to resolve this issue
- You need to quickly open the folder that currently holds the ‘QBWUSER.INI’ file and then you can correctly right-click on this file’s icon in order to reliably tap the ‘Rename’ option.
- Immediately after, give the file a proper name as follows: ‘QBWUSER.INI.oldhyr.’
- Now, immediately save the newly given name by pressing the “OK” button and then access and use your QB application without any problem.
You have just read the best methods to correct ‘QuickBooks has stopped working‘Problem. For additional assistance, you can call 1.855.738.2784 to connect with our team of QB professionals.
Recommended Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 80