Whatever you want to call them—proctored online exams, remote exams, or proctored online exams—they are quickly gaining popularity in the certification industry. More and more professionals are looking for the easiest possible ways to get a professional certification, which is highly desirable these days. As a result, a growing number of companies are already investing in solutions that will allow them to give their applicants the freedom to take exams whenever and wherever they choose, using just a webcam and a controller in the Internet.
So, online research is becoming more common. So it should be. Or should not? According to those who have switched to web proctoring, the next best thing to technology after a web-based exam is online rating check. Go online, book your exam for a time that suits you, and then you’re done.
So what should you look for when browsing for a web-based exam?
1. Do your homework and look for a company that is accredited, ideally to ISO 9001 and 270001 standards. This will ensure that they adhere to international regulations that include data privacy, quality management and exam integrity , and really makes or breaks an organization’s ability to adhere to exam security regulations.
2. When using your credit card to make a purchase, review the terms and conditions. Naturally.
3. Review the prerequisites before booking your exam. If you notice a long list of software to download, memory you must have, documents to scan, etc., for a protected online exam that is supposed to make your life easier; maybe you should go somewhere else since all you really need is a webcam.
4. Verify that everything is done online. Exam centers that spend money on online assessment checking should also spend money on an easy online application!
5. Verify that an authorized online proctor is present when you take the exam. A guardian must be qualified to guide you through the entire process, which should be very straightforward. Otherwise, what’s the point?
6. Choose a company that will help you every step of the way. Companies that offer exams around the clock should also have a customer service line open around the clock for any questions you may have. Those who offer immediate support through toll-free phones and instant messages are certainly more likely to help you!
7. Make sure you’re getting what you paid for. Companies that offer a single price for your reservation, e-certificate, etc. are a plus, but make sure they deliver on their commitment!
Finding a company that is authorized to administer the exam you want is absolutely not the last step! More and more companies offer internationally recognized certifications, including ITIL and Lean Six Sigma, but for your exam to be valid, these companies must be accredited by the necessary body. This ensures that the companies have been reviewed and evaluated for the services they provide. Proctored web exams are a great tool for professionals looking for an easy solution to get certified and improve their skills and professional growth prospects.