QuickBooks is available in different versions designed to help users who have different needs and types of business. They can easily switch to another version if it is more suitable for their business. QuickBooks data migration services solve the major concern of transferring financial data. In case you have also switched to another QB version and need information about data transfer, keep reading this blog to learn about the preventive measures you should take and the easy procedure to transfer your data manually.
Avoid putting your financial data at risk by getting professional help from QB’s data migration experts at 1-855-856-0042.
Advantages of data migration
You will get the following benefits if you switch to QB Online and use data migration-
- Your financial data is transferred quickly without any risk.
- QBO creates automatic backups at regular time intervals.
- QBO offers cloud storage for portable access to your data and its security.
Recommended Read: I’m Getting QuickBooks Error 6175
The data migration process can be risky as the data you are trying to move is business critical. We advise you to create a full data backup before proceeding as a preventative measure to handle situations such as data corruption or permanent loss. Here are the steps to backup your QB data-
- Go to the File menu in your QuickBooks and click on the Save Company or Booking option.
- Select the backup option and tap Next.
- Click Save it now and press Next.
- Select a location where you want to save the backup and click Save.
- You can move this backup file using an external drive.
You should always use professional help to migrate your data to avoid any risk and be stress free during the transfer. The manual procedure to migrate your QB data is mentioned below-
Transfer data from your QuickBooks desktop
In case you are an existing QB user, you can move your entries, transactions and other financial data to the journal with these steps-
- Right-click the QB icon in its folder and select Run as Administrator.
- Go to the Company option when the program starts and click Export Company File to QuickBooks Online in the list.
- Tap Start your export and log in using your QB Online administrator account.
- Click on the Choose online company option and select the file you want to overwrite.
- Select Continue and choose between Yes/No on the next tab depending on your QB inventory.
- Tap OK and press Replace.
- Click Yes, continue and replace data option to start the transfer.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error PS036
Moving data from another accounting program
The data you want to import must be in CSV file format to prevent problems when running it in QuickBooks. Use these steps to transfer-
- Go to the settings menu in the upper right corner of the QBO screen.
- Click the Import Data option under Tools.
- Select the type of data you are importing into QuickBooks.
This blog provides detailed information on QuickBooks Data Migration Services used to transfer data when switching software versions. The exact procedure to move your data is also explained in the blog, which you can follow for safe data transfer.
If you face any problems migrating your data, call a QB expert at 1-855-856-0042 for assistance.
You can also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 832